By its definition, Spring is a time for revival, planting new seeds, and growth… so why not spend this month reviving yourself and give your body, mind and soul the much needed makeover they deserve. Here are four of my favourite spring cleans.
1. Energy cleanse: The new flagship Ilapocethary store, Kensington, is a joyous wonder. Ilapocethary uses the synergy of naturopathy, homeopathy, herbology and phyto-actives to help counteract daily stresses and environmental and digital pollution. In an age where we are constantly on the go, the mounting levels of mental, physical and emotional fatigue are at an all time high. So Ilapothecary is the perfect antidote to combat the imbalances. Try the Bespoke Energy Healing session with Sophie to re-balance chakras and energy. Visit: ilapothecary.com
2. Body cleanse: Spring-clean your entire body and most importantly your digestive system at the famed Original Mayr Clinic in Austria. Here, the focus is to help your digestion with a special cure diet. Food intake is reduced under medical supervision and a daily menu is tailored for you. Heavy foods such as sweets, high fat dishes and alcohol are excluded, for very good reason. Here, your digestive system is cleansed and rested and can regenerate into a squeaky clean gut that has been proven to improve skin, mood, weight, disease and a plethora of advantages. Visit: original-mayr.com
3. Mind cleanse: Cleansing your mind is the biggest gift you can give yourself. This can be extremely hard, given that experts estimate that the mind thinks between 60,000 – 80,000 thoughts a day which is an average of 2500 – 3,300 thoughts per hour which is pretty mind blowing.. pardon the pun! So how do we quiet our minds? Meditation is certainly helpful and has been proven to decrease stress, reduce anxiety, better your health and inner peace. If you can’t seem to sit still, try NLP (neurolinguistic programming) This practice explores the amazing relationship between the mind and language, meaning what you say can effect how you think feel and subsequently behave. Essentially, NLP unlocks your instruction manual to the brain to help you improve how you speak to yourself and others with magical results – adjusting bad habits, patterns and life skills helping you to literally live you best life. My go-to NLP therapist is Akcelina Cvijetic. For more information visit: akcelina.com
4. Mood cleanse: Chances are you have your phone within arms reach as you read this magazine. Studies are showing that we are using them more and more with the floods of texts, emails and calls. So not only becoming are we becoming dependant on them, with the added use of social media apps we are now addicted to them. Each time you get a ‘like’ or a ‘comment’ this is a ‘positive reinforcement’ that in turn releases dopamine – the neurotransmitter that makes your body happy. Dopamine is also released when you eat chocolate or use cocaine! Needless to say, this ‘user’ addiction is taking its toll on our health, mental wellbeing and relationships. So how do we quit this endless cycle?
– Try using the ‘screen time feature on the iPhone to remind yourself how much you have your head in your phone.
– Put all your social media apps into one folder on your phone, put it on the last page (so you have to scroll to find it) then label the folder “Are you sure?”. – — Make sure you do not take your phone into the bedroom with you at night and do not check it as soon as you wake up.
– Buy an alarm clock or use Alexa to start an alarm, it means you don’t rely on picking up your phone first thing in the morning.
– At the very least charge your phone in a nearby room instead of by your bed.